Swine Flu and

panic. *heaves a big sigh* I'm so sick of hearing the words swine flu and H1N1 virus I could scream!!!! The media is not anyone's friend. If it weren't for them this wouldn't be such a big damn deal! The word pandemic is thrown about so casually, people are on the verge of full blown panic and buying out hand sanitizer like there won't be any tomorrow. Well, there may not be the way it's going. A few hundred people does not a pandemic make!!!!!!! Holy freaking carp people! It's not even an epidemic for Goddess sake. When will people stop being knee jerk reactionists running around screaming "It's the End of the World! Prepare to DIE!" Yeah sure.....it's the flu, get over it. The only reason so many have died in Mexico is due to the atrocious health "care." Have you truly watched the news stories they have done from there? Heard the stories of the people? Obviously not. Go to the doctor, get some antibiotic shoved at you that probably won't even work, go home, wear a mask. They don't want to deal with them. I'm pretty sure all the ones who have died so far are also very poor. They can't afford to get any medical care and live in the country, in BFE. The new prediction on numbers for the US.....Maybe 1,700 cases by the end of May. Whatever. That's not even enough, added to the ones who have gotten it so far, to class as an epidemic. Oh yeah......NO ONE in the US has died. Why? We have access to medical care, even the poorest of us.

Ok, enough of that. I really had to get that out of my system. On to other "news" in the world of Karen. I am almost screaming in frustration at my lack of getting any writing done today. I have tried working on it, several times. I know it is a piece of crap! I'm not making my point, the sentences are choppy and disjointed. I did the smart thing and stepped away early this afternoon. I could feel my frustration and unhappiness mounting. No words were spilling from me onto the virtual page. I knew if I kept trying to work on it the article would only become even worse. That would result in deleting the whole thing and having to start over. I don't want to do that. I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to turn in one article a day at this point. There is a lag time between publishing because of the 7-9 days it waits to be reviewed, approved and paid. If I could pick up the pace they would come more closely. I can only rip my hair out as I question the wisdom of trying to write articles in the first place.

The lack of cheer and good news fits me tonight. I'm sorry if I drag you under. The struggle taking place within me at the moment is a phase. I will get through it, past it and come out the other side happier and feeling pride and satisfaction again. Right now....not so much. Gentle hugs to all.

0 comments: