I Am A Grandma


Tristan Lee Wayne was born July 6, 2009 at 6:13pm. He weighed a whopping 8 pounds and is 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing well and she's finally able to get some much needed sleep. He was born exactly on his due date just like his mother.

At her last doctor's appointment they did one last ultrasound and estimated his weight at 6 lbs 10 oz. Man were they off the mark! I think they meant 7 lbs 10 oz! He couldn't have gain over a pound in four days. I've had four kids so I'm very well acquainted with how babies gain weight and grow near the end.

Now, I'll have to begin another blog devoted solely to my first grandson to document his growing, all the firsts and just brag about him. He's such a gorgeous baby!

She said he didn't even whimper when they poked him to take blood for the newborn tests they routinely run. Tristan did perk up and yell when they gave him a bath and got him all clean. I hope it's not a sign he'll be a water hater.

Sorry about not posting these last few days. I've been busy writing and have a lot going on. It makes it hard to think when you're always nervous, upset and generally pissed off. I'm trying to build my article base as fast as I can and also branch out to other sites. Thanks for not yelling at me for the lack of posts.

1 comments:

lisamweldon2003 said...

Congrats on being a grandma!! SunshineGirl