Daylight Savings Time Is......

A bunch of crap!!!! To whom it may concern: Please,please,please hurry up and get that bill passed to get Florida out of this stupid clock changing twice a year! What are you doing?! Just hurry, pretty please!

The earth's rotation doesn't change, it doesn't stay light longer. No seriously, it doesn't. Think about it for a minute. Why would the sun stay up longer just because some puny human with no extraordinary powers says so? It doesn't!! It's just our perception that changes. The sun is still going down between 6.30 and 7 pm. The reason why it seems to stay up later is only because the clocks moved forward an hour! The seasons and movement of the earth isn't dictated by people. It's been turning round and round for billions of years, seasons and light doing what comes naturally. If you leave your clock at the time it is right now, make note of the time. The sun is going down at the same time it did last night! *sigh* I HATE having to even participate in this.....I don't even know what to call it. I have to change my clocks though because if I didn't it would definitely not make me on time to the doc in a couple of weeks. There's one thing I can't miss for any reason. My meds are my lifeline to function even a little each day. *end rant about the stupid, idiotic, brain melting time change farce*

In other news, I have over the past week, changed my sleeping habits. :-D Is that not so cool?! I am now in bed no later than 2 or 2.30 am and many nights I'm in bed around 1 or 1.30 am. It may not seem such a big deal to most people but it is for me. I was usually still up at 4 am and beyond most nights. Not getting to sleep until 5 am and sometimes even 6 am! Since I'm in bed earlier, I also wake up earlier. My body has learned to be up between 11 am and noon. That's when my alarm is set for, just in case, but I've been up on average, around 11.30 am and haven't heard my alarm going off in about a week. :-) It's nice that I've been so successful in this part of my life. One thing to understand is I never sleep straight through any night. I wake up on and off many times. I can't remember the last time I had an actual dream. It's stressful on the body but it's something I've learned to live with. It's not like I have a choice. lolol

I know.....boring entry tonight but it's all I have at the moment. Before I go, I decided to post a poem I wrote recently. Without realizing it I let rsd take my voice. There is so much to it and it's so complicated, that finding the right words is horrendously difficult. I looked in my binder and saw the lack of poems over the past 6 years. The ones I found lying around, I can count them on one hand. Like anything else, if you don't use it, you lose it. Not writing has allowed my skill to wither. I'm finding it extremely hard to put the words on paper. Anyway, Here it is and if you have a comment about it, leave on in the comments section. That's why it's there! *giggles* I, personally, like very little of what I write. It took a lot to write this one, I just hope it doesn't stink really bad. Don't say you like it just to be nice. I'm a big girl and positive criticism is healthy.

The Beast

Cries of distress and pain
are carried on the night air.
The sound rippling outward
like a pebble dropped into a pond.
Thrashing limbs and the rustle of sheets
join this symphony of the night.
Sharp teeth easily pierce tender flesh,
talons sharp as razors
stab deep into fragile bones
by a beast who has no mercy.
Its mouth opens wide,
a wave of scorching fire and searing heat,
pours over the body like molten lava.
A scream erupts from the soul,
abruptly cut off leaving an eerie silence.
Muffled sobs shatter the heart
into a million jagged pieces.
Whispered pleas for help go unanswered
as the best revels in the suffering.
Dawn begins to lighten the night sky,
its weak light filtering through the blinds.
Endless hours of a pain filled existence
are stamped upon your face.
Tears spill from swollen eyes,
the beasts name drips like acid from dry lips,
Damn you RSD!!

©2008-2009 Karen J


0 comments: